Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What is so wrong with Fracking?

For the past few months every time I drive down the road I see at least one sign that says no fracking. Honestly, I never really gave it a second thought, it didn't hurt me so why would I care? Well it turns out that it can hurt me and everyone else as well. According to Forbes that it can contaminate groundwater, and from someone who has a well at home, that doesn't sound to great to me. Also according to Forbes the regulations with fracking is a little "iffy" which gives me a large red flag. 

Now for those of you who don't know exactly what fracking is, like me a few days ago, it is when they drill into the earth to extract natural gases from the rock levels that are really deep in the earth. In order to get these natural gases that are in the earth they have to use: water, sand, salt, citric acid, benzene or lead. Which don't sound to bad right? According to a federal department if it is not stored and isolate properly it can become very hazardous. Until I can see and know everything that is going on for sure I will remain neutral, but I can see I'm leaning more towards no fracking.






http://www.forbes.com/sites/billtucker/2014/09/30/aw-frack/
http://www.what-is-fracking.com/what-is-hydraulic-fracturing/what-chemicals-are-used-in-fracking/

No comments:

Post a Comment