Monday, September 29, 2014

Estrogen helps relieve stressed cells.


Estrogen helps relieve stressed cells



Stress is terrible and we all know that our body can only handle so much of it.  Not only can stress to a number to us mentally it can also do a number on our cells in our body. Scientist has been trying to figure out ways to study its effects on cells without killing them.


Researchers from Yale have made a really surprising observation. They have discovered that the hormone estrogen appears to help cells withstand stress. The estrogen pathway is activated when cells are exposed to stress.  Estrogen is something that will help women outlive men.

Reference: Yale university chemistry department  

3 comments:

  1. Estrogen! Give me more! With the amount of stress each of us encounter on a daily basis whether consciously or unconsciously I am positive that us women can appreciate the effects of estrogen and our abundance of it. I am glad you pointed out this because I will look more into the research and future implications of the study of estrogen and how it correlates to stress in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the best thing for college students to enhance in because we all do have the stress of numerous courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to see how far this can go for emotional stress, since the focus seems to be on the physical cell and how they might deal with a stressful environment. I mean I guess after prolonged emotional stress there will be physical stress on the body that the estrogen can help negotiate, but I wonder how broad of a reach it has. Maybe it won't necessarily erase the stress and anxiety from our lives, but maybe it can help with maintaining a healthy body while stressed out.

    ReplyDelete