I attended the last seminar of the semester that was
presented by Dr. Debra Kendall. I’m
going to be honest, even with a bio major, her topic was very specific and very
in depth and very hard to follow. Many of the things she talked
about about, and many of the terms she used were things I’ve never heard of at
this point in my academic career. What I
did understand was that this research is important for medicinal purposes, because
they are furthering our knowledge on how we can manipulate cells into behaving
the way we need them to behave. The GPCR
they used was CB-1 which is a protein receptor that’s mostly found in the nervous
system. The reason they’re looking at
using allosteric regulation as a new therapeutic method, is because it looks
like it will be more efficient and effective than the previous method with
orthosteric ligands.
 |
| General GPCR |
 |
| CB-1 |
No comments:
Post a Comment