Thank you for giving a step by step Diels-Alder reaction. I always find these really difficult just because there are so many carbons to deal with. But you laid this out very nicely and made every step clear and easy to follow. I liked that you numbered your C's because I have definitely learned that numbering your C's is key to keeping them all straight. Thank you for this explanation.
Numbering the carbons is key when solving problems like this especially when there are other groups on the carbons you're dealing with. It makes it less confusing when you try to put it together for the final product. Even if the diene may be a cyclohexane, always number where the conjugated diene is so you're not using other carbons within the ring that aren't apart of the reaction.
Thanks a lot! This really helped study for the final exam. For some reason, these reactions always confuse me. I was able to follow your step by step analysis very well! Good luck on the final!
Ok, so this really helped me out a lot because I have been completely lost when i comes to this, but I really understand it now - too bad I took my test early, this one would of came in handy !! Thanks .
Thank you for giving a step by step Diels-Alder reaction. I always find these really difficult just because there are so many carbons to deal with. But you laid this out very nicely and made every step clear and easy to follow. I liked that you numbered your C's because I have definitely learned that numbering your C's is key to keeping them all straight. Thank you for this explanation.
ReplyDeleteNumbering the carbons is key when solving problems like this especially when there are other groups on the carbons you're dealing with. It makes it less confusing when you try to put it together for the final product. Even if the diene may be a cyclohexane, always number where the conjugated diene is so you're not using other carbons within the ring that aren't apart of the reaction.
DeleteThanks a lot! This really helped study for the final exam. For some reason, these reactions always confuse me. I was able to follow your step by step analysis very well! Good luck on the final!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this explanation! You made this very clear and simple. It helped me study for the final exam.
ReplyDeleteOk, so this really helped me out a lot because I have been completely lost when i comes to this, but I really understand it now - too bad I took my test early, this one would of came in handy !! Thanks .
ReplyDelete