Allosteric, Biased-Signaling Modulators of the Cannabinoid Receptor 1
A lecture on Allosteric Modulators was given by a guess speaker named Professor Debra Kendall from the University of Connecticut. Her lecture was about the use of Allosteric Modulators in many pharmaceutical products. Professor Kendall main focus was on the use of cannabis in medications and how it binds in the brain. She also spoke about GPCRs or G protein-coupled receptors and how they work within the body. This lecture would have been more interesting to me if I had more experience in Chemistry or more back ground information to work off of .
I agree. This lecture was hard to understand without a background in microbiology or cell biology. A lot of the things that she was talking about went over my head. But what I did get from it was that scientist, like Dr. Kendall, need to work on trying to isolate these receptors for specific things instead of drugs affected all receptors all over the body equally.
ReplyDelete