Monday, November 24, 2014

Ion Trap Quantum Computers


Ion Trap Quantum Computers for Chemistry




The seminar was hosted by Dr. Kenneth Brown, a current faculty member of Georgia Tech. He spoke about his current research work in quantum chemistry.





Dr. Kenneth Brown began his presentation by discussing the advances in quantum computing, how it has led to the invention of high tech quantum computers and the fundamentals of quantum mechanics. The high tech computers can crack the code of cryptology equations. Dr. Brown works with the reliability of these computers and traps such as mirror traps and electrode traps. He also discussed how GPS and even atomic clocks would not be able to function without quantum mechanics. 

2 comments:

  1. I find it insane that computers can solve things so instantly! One click and a million options pop up. I think technology is one of the greatest inventions. Quantum Mechanics is apart of so many things we deal with on a day to day basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to this seminar as well. Dr.Brown made quantum mechanics seem so easy while he was explaining the process.

    ReplyDelete