Thursday, October 30, 2014

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down


Aspartame!!!!!
 It's so sweet it'll make you rotten. Aspartame is unique among low-calorie sweeteners in that it is completely broken down by the body into its components – the amino acids, aspartic acid and phenylalanine, and a small amount of methanol. It is mostly used a low calorie sweetener added to drinks and foods to liven the taste. 

It is many many many times sweeter than regular sugar so less of it can be used, but it is also very bad for you. 

 Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious, including seizures and death. It has been linked to cancer and lots of joint pain. My mother's put like 8 packets of sugar in her coffee and was told my her doctor to stop and immediately her knee pain began to cease. 


 http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx

3 comments:

  1. I did an oral presentation on Aspartame in General Chemistry 114 and I have chosen to try and keep all things that may contain Aspartame out of my diet because of these harmful side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fascinating. I didn't expect for something that is so completely broken down to have so many negative side effects! I wonder why there isn't some kind of recall or ban on using this compound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what types of things people put in their food and drink even though it is harmful. I say that, but I am probably one of those people.

    ReplyDelete