Friday, August 29, 2014

Favorite Organic Molecule: Aspirin

My favorite organic molecule is acetylsalicylic acid, ASA or Aspirin. In 1950, aspirin was entered into the Guinness Book of Records as the highest-selling drug product. Aspirin is used in so many different ways. Aspirin is now available in over 80 countries. It is regarded as the most successful non-prescription medicine of all time. Aspirin was one of the very first drugs to be made available in tablet-form. It is now a standard worldwide remedy for pain, inflammation and fever  It is used worldwide as a "blood thinner" and to relieve inflammation, pain and fever. I used Aspirin numerous of times throughout grade school and often now. I use to get injured a lot by playing different sports and I used Aspirin and other OTC drugs to relieve the pain and inflammation. Throughout my life I have always kept Aspirin by my side just in case I need relief of any pain. 






Reference: http://www.aspree.org/AUS/aspree-content/aspirin/history-aspirin.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment