My favorite molecule is Biotin. This is my favorite molecule because it does WONDERS for your hair. This is for all the ladies out there that love strong healthy hair, with length as a plus. Not only does Biotin strengthen hair, but nails, healthy muscles, and skin.
Toxic levels of biotin were found in an organism with raw egg whites which is also healthy for the hair but the name appeared back in 1935. Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin B7 supplement. It is a co-enzyme and also known as vitamin H. It was originally called vitamin H—the H signifying the German word haut, which means skin.Naturally found in bread, liver, pork, salmon, avocado, cheddar cheese, and egg yolks. It is composed of a ureido ring fused with a tetrahydrothiophene ring. Biotin is essential for the formation of glucose. It's involved in the metabolism of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
Biotin can be found in any drug supply store, hair store, or supermarkets. Suppliers such as Spring Valley, Nature's Bounty, Nature Made, Finest Nutrition, ect. support this vitamin in different amount of mcg.
Some of the results of using Biotin:

http://www.vitacost.com/healthy-origins-biotin-5000-mcg-60-vcaps-1
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsa1/a/Biotin.htm
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Biotin-Tablets-10-000mcg-60-count/24681645
http://www.biotin.com/
Picture : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin
http://subliminallysmitten.blogspot.com/p/nail.html
http://fashion-hairtstyle.org/importance-of-biotin-hair-growth
http://skinsense101.com/biotin-and-your-skin/
I love biotin too! I used to take biotin supplement pills to make my hair grow faster and be stronger. This vitamin really does work wonders!
ReplyDeleteI love biotin!
ReplyDeleteI love biotin. I use to take the vitamins in high school to make my hair grow and to help me stop biting my nails.
ReplyDeleteHi Morgan,
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard of Biotin before and it sounds really awesome. I'm considering trying it myself! In your post you mentioned that toxic levels were found in an organism and I was wondering what organism that was and what is considered a toxic level for Biotin. Also what the connection is with raw egg whites because that part confused me a little bit. I am also surprised at all the different foods that contain Biotin and the amazing results.
-Rashmi
Biotin has to be one of my favorite molecules too! I used to take the supplement when I was younger and I believe it actually worked! Its great that its convenient and is easy to find it at stores. I was happy to hear all those food containing biotin because I love all the food you mentioned.
ReplyDelete